A guy walks up and screams, “I love your pictures!”
The music was rather loud, so the only effective way to communicate was to yell at someone.
“Out of all the images rotating on the slide show, your pictures stand out the most,” he said.
An ear-to-ear grin miraculously appeared on my face. I was probably blushing too. Flattery is always so nice to hear.
Brian and I went on to talk a little while longer at the American Photographic Artists (APA) Annual Holiday Party (Los Angeles Chapter).
He and his partner, Élan, wanted me to create images for their upstart beverage company. Brian wanted a Fashion element and Élan wanted a Surfing element. The fellas also wanted the images to have an athletic feel. In addition, they wanted a touch of my quirky sense of humor. So, I set out to do my best.
After a lot of rescheduling and some model changes, the shoot finally went down in January 2012. It lasted about 45 minutes. We didn’t have much time, as we were flying under the radar (wink-wink).
Thank you to:
- Brian and Élan at Coco Café
- Jeromy Robert | Assist | J@jeromyrobert.com
- Sarah Watson | Assist | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kiersten Hall | Talent | email@example.com
- Elaine Garcia | Hair & Makeup | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauryn Stone | Wardrobe | email@example.com